Companies have changed how they release content due to the rise in popularity of video marketing in recent years. Videos are convenient to watch and also have a strong attention-grabbing power. On average, American people viewed digital videos on gadgets for more than an hour and a half daily in 2020. Businesses started to see this statistic as a chance to engage their audiences by posting videos on social media and mobile devices. However, captioning your videos has become a requirement if you want to increase their impact and effectiveness. The key to making scroll-stopping videos and capturing people’s attention in packed social media feeds is captioning. Businesses can add captions to any video to make it more appealing to viewers from diverse regions, and accessible to hearing-impaired viewers with the support of general transcription agencies. This helps companies in creating a strong online presence.
Significance of Posting and Captioning Videos on Social Media
Social media and video are both very common, but when you combine the two, you have an extraordinarily powerful tool. Your brand will be noticed by more people if you submit videos on social media, whether they be dancing tutorials, product reviews, or endorsements. Making movies isn’t the only thing that matters; where and how you share them are equally crucial. Unlike any other platform, social media offers individuals a unique opportunity for worldwide visibility and adding captions to social media videos makes the content easily accessible.
Reasons Why Transcribing Social Media Videos Is Important
- A smooth viewing experience: Increasing interaction across platforms is among the biggest benefits of adding subtitles to your videos. Videos with subtitles typically do better in terms of engagements, views, and likes. In reality, videos with captions get 40% more views than those without it. Users of social media prefer to browse their feeds in private when they are working or studying. Therefore, if there are no captions to explain the text, a video that is muted will not make sense, while a video with captions may seem intrusive. This is one of the main reasons why all of the major social media sites, including Facebook and Instagram, switched to muted videos by default. You might be shocked to learn that 85% of Facebook users use the mute button.cc
Relevant and captivating subtitles can change things when a large portion of your audience is watching videos on mute. Users also tend to finish viewing a video after the captions capture their interest, in addition to their typical propensity to watch videos on mute by default. Therefore, videos with captions receive longer watch times and have greater completion rates. This is demonstrated by the fact that 80% more people watch a YouTube video all the way through if subtitles have been included. Overall, captioned videos give you a competitive advantage to draw in your target audience and increase the number of people who view your content.
- Make video content accessible to everyone: Captions and subtitles not only increase the visual impact of your material but also increase the audience reach of your videos on social media. If you want your videos to be seen by as many people as possible and have a huge impact, you must take into account the roughly 28 million Americans who are deaf or have hearing impairments. Your videos become more inclusive and gain more support from the deaf and hard of hearing when they are provided with subtitles. Therefore, adding subtitles to your videos can greatly increase accessibility and broaden their audience. The captions should be accurately written and timed to the video. By producing captioned videos, you can establish yourself as a diverse and sympathetic brand while increasing user engagement for all users.
- To increase views, expand your reach internationally: The tremendous global popularity of video content is demonstrated by the more than 1 billion hours of video that are streamed on YouTube each day and the more than 8 billion times that videos are seen on Facebook each day. With captioned videos, you can expand into other nations and gather a global user base of different nationalities. Translated subtitles are ideal for localizing videos, whereas dubbing the audio to a different language frequently detracts from the viewing experience. A reasonably inexpensive way to increase your audience, reach a worldwide audience, and influence purchasing decisions is through subtitles.
- Improve SEO ranking using caption indexing SEO: It can increase the visibility of your content while also enhancing discoverability. While title, description, and tags might help you optimize your videos, adding captions is a surefire approach to improve video SEO. Your video cannot be viewed by search engines. However, crawlers may quickly index the captions or transcripts of your video and look for pertinent keywords to rank it. Crawlers can read and assess the text files including closed captions. Incorporating relevant keywords into your captions can help you rank higher for those terms, which will improve your views and watch time by 12% and influence your ranking. Thus, including captions increases your likelihood of ranking higher.
- Adapt video for multitaskers: One of the most important factors affecting the performance of your video is user behavior. Without taking into account the actions of your target audience, your video might not have the desired effect. Targeting an audience that is largely made up of Gen Z makes user behavior analysis even more crucial. Your ideal viewer is continuously switching between apps and using three displays at once on average, with the option to listen to music while conversing with friends and perusing through social media feeds. Their capacity to focus may be affected by this naturally. Therefore, adding subtitles to your videos gives you a wonderful chance to reach out to these multitasking consumers and compete for their attention. Since students and young adults prefer watching videos to reading, turning your longer posts into brief, captivating movies with subtitles will strengthen connections. In a situation where there are numerous apps to use, videos aid in retaining attention. Videos with captions can help viewers concentrate more and become more invested in the content. So, one of the best methods to spread your message without pressuring people is by making videos with captions.
- Increase participation and video quality: Your video’s ability to engage viewers directly affects how well it performs in search results. A high-performing video that receives more clicks and has a lower bounce rate will undoubtedly rank higher than the other videos. However, by including subtitles, you may improve the engagement of your videos and boost these metrics. Writing excellent captions will improve your ranking for pertinent keywords and help you better match user inquiries. Also, improving the accessibility of the videos are subtitles. Users can access your material while on the go and managing several tasks. Therefore, the majority of people may watch your video now rather than reserve it for later. Subtitled videos can spark attention and increase viewers’ curiosity.
One of the most simple and underutilized strategies to boost your content marketing efforts is producing videos with captions. Captioning your videos can help you accomplish a variety of objectives, whether you’re trying to increase engagement with your target audience and create a devoted community, or you want to improve your search engine rankings to become more visible. Businesses can easily transcribe social media videos and add captions to them to draw in more audience by using a reputable audio transcription service.