Use of videos in marketing is rising with every year as it is an engaging and entertaining option. Businesses create and share videos on social media platforms to connect with customers and popularize their brand. There are several factors that come together to make a video successful. Your video will have the expected response if it is placed in the proper context, has the right video format, is shown to the right audience, and is shown at the right time. But, at the end of the day, it is all about giving your audience the best possible user experience. This is where transcription is crucial.
When generating video content for marketing purpose, it’s vital to ensure that your video can adapt to your audience’s consumption landscape. This implies that your audience may watch your videos from wherever they are, be it in a crowded metro station or a noise-free zone. This issue can be solved by creating subtitles. Partnering with a media transcription service provider can ensure quality video transcripts, especially for those who are hearing impaired. Transcribing social media videos improves the user experience, improves your reach, and also enhances SEO and marketing outcomes.
5 Ways to Transcribe Social Media Videos
- Manual transcription: Manual transcriptions are as straightforward as they sound, and they require you to & copy down all of the material of your video manually. This procedure is done out without using any tools. The advantage of utilizing this technique is its precision, despite the fact that it is time-consuming. Manual video transcriptions are far superior to automatic video transcriptions in terms of quality. You can, however, speed up the procedure if you get the help of professional transcribers. You can also delegate the responsibility to several members of your team. For example, the best way to transcribe a long film within an hour would be to distribute it among two staff members.
- Get professional help: The next best method is to outsource to hire professional transcription services. The transcriptionist will convert the content to text after you upload the video files. All you have to do now is communicate the delivery dates, writing style, and target audience, and your transcriptions will be ready. While this method can ensure high-quality transcripts, it can be costly. Furthermore, the final product is heavily reliant on the transcriber’s abilities, typing speed, and proofreading abilities. You can, however, accelerate the process. Transcribing with a hybrid technique is a wonderful option here. You can invest in a tech-savvy automated transcription and edit the content later to guarantee quality output.
- AI generated transcription: The most recent advancement in transcription is the use of AI and machine learning. AI-powered transcription increases uptime exponentially, resulting in cost-effective transcripts. However, though some corrections and changes may be required, the speed and value will make up for it. Speech recognition software can convert audio to text in as little as a few minutes. Furthermore, you can use professional transcription services to improve the quality of the transcripts.
- Transcription using voice assistance: If you have a stringent budget then you can invest in voice assistance for transcription. Using voice assistance is similar to using a dictation service, in which you can simply speed up the video transcription process by dictating rather than typing. This capability is supported by all major word processors, from Google to Microsoft. It is not as efficient as commercial solutions such as AI software or professional transcribing services, but it performs a good job for free. This isn’t the only method to utilize the software, though. You may also use Google’s API (application programming interface) services to transcribe your video clip. It can transcribe into more than 120 languages, which is quite useful when trying to customize material based on the location of your target audience. However, this is not a free service. You can begin with a free trial, but the main value is found in the various monthly membership levels. You can make your decision based on the amount of audio you need to transcribe each month.
- Video content platforms: The best example of this transcription method is YouTube. YouTube has built-in transcribing service can help you improve the readability and reach of your videos on the platform. It’s no surprise that it’s free. YouTube uses powerful speech recognition technologies. However, you must first grant automatic captioning access to all of your YouTube videos in order to do so. But, while you’re doing it, bear in mind that, despite its advancements, it is still a machine that will experience technological issues from time to time. After the software has generated the whole transcript for your movie, comprehensive proofreading is essential to ensure high-quality transcription. Another alternative is to use tools such as Zoom or Google Meet to transcribe your videos.
Posting social media videos with accurate transcripts using any of these options will make them easier to understand and allow you to reach a wider audience.
Why social media videos should be transcribed
- Improved access: Captions or transcripts of social media videos allow deaf, hard-of-hearing or non-native English speakers to watch your videos as if they were in their own language. More than 5% of the world’s population has to disable hearing loss, making audio and video content inaccessible. By summarizing the most relevant aspects, transcripts also provide context for people who don’t want to watch the entire video. With captions and transcripts, more people can enjoy your material, even if they only skim it on social media. Adding social media video captions improves inclusion and can help increase potential distribution through accessibility. By adding captions or subtitles, you can speak to a much wider audience, and potentially a global audience.
- Multi- tasking consumers: Audiences today prefer information that they can listen to or see while doing other things. Many viewers, in fact, choose to turn off the sound. Up to 85 percent of Facebook videos are now watched without sound. Consumers have altered how they interact with video on social media, and platforms have responded by adding options that make it simpler to watch that content silently, such as Instagram’s autoplay feature. Since we spend so much of our time on social media on our phones, making videos that can be seen on the go and without headphones is a great way to reach out to your customers.
- Improves viewer retention: Captions are incredibly useful if you want to increase the number of views on your videos. Adding captions to your video might boost the amount of time visitors spend watching it by 12%. When you consider that the typical YouTube video is 4 minutes long, that’s a huge number. However, keep in mind that simply adding captions isn’t enough. For videos to perform well, they must be precise and well-timed.
Transcripts are an excellent way to get more reach for your social media videos. They provide an opportunity for users to search the content by keywords, attract viewers who prefer not to watch videos, and also allow you to put your video on social media channels. To transcribe social media videos, reach out to a reliable provider of media transcription services.