With the vaccine rollout gathering speed in many countries, reports say that people are returning to their office desks. While some offices are opening up on an optional basis, others are likely to adopt a hybrid model where some employees to work remotely as others work in the physical office. Video conference calls supported by digital transcription services help teams stay connected wherever they are.
Regardless of the work model they adopt, companies need effective teams to succeed. Working well together is crucial to avoid issues such as poor organization, conflict within the workplace and missed deadlines. So, let’s take a look at the must-have traits of a successful team:
- Clear Vision: Vision clarity means having a shared vision of the organization’s goals and purpose. This is important as different team members may have varying interpretations about an activity or event, which can lead them to pursue different goals that are in conflict with each other. A team should have a clear, shared, attainable vision or set of objectives. When there is a common sense of purpose and agreed‐upon goals, team members are more likely to feel inspired, empowered, and dedicated to achieving their common goal. Having a clear vision and direction and working towards one common goal would ensure that each team member’s work contributes to the project’s overall success.
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities: In a productive team, each team member would have a clearly defined role and responsibilities. Everyone plays their part and contributes to collective success. Conflicts can arise if roles and responsibilities are not clearly defined. People need to be assigned appropriate roles based on their skill sets and experience.
- Good Communication: Communicating openly and clearly with each other and sharing opinions, insights, and ideas is critical for projects to succeed. Good communication builds camaraderie among team members. If they don’t communicate properly, it can lead to misunderstandings and arguments, and affect overall performance. The global pandemic has changed the way workplace communication takes place. Advanced communication and collaboration tools have made remote meetings as effective as in-office ones, allowing team members to track progress and work efficiently.
- Effective Collaboration: Close collaboration is one of the most important traits of a productive team. While good communication promotes friction-free interactions, effective collaboration among team members is necessary to accomplish goals. Today, team collaboration software allows help teams and project managers to collaborate seamlessly. All-in-one platforms like Notion, Monday.com and AirSend provide teams with the right tools to work collaboratively and drive productivity. Workers can create groups and store and share documents, send messages, create events, and more – on one platform, and get work done faster.
- Leadership: A team cannot succeed without a strong leader. Qualities that a good team leader would possess include:
- Intelligence and initiative
- Communicates directly and honesty
- Thinking and acting strategically
- Makes tough decisions and solves problems
- Accountable and responsible
- Listens actively
- Encourages creativity and innovation
- Appreciates the efforts of every team member
- Is committed to achieving the project’s goals
- Copes with stress
- Leads by example
An excellent leader will earn the respect of his team and inspire them to work towards the common goal.
Finally, appreciation for each other’s efforts and camaraderie are essential traits for any team’s success. And it’s important that team members have fun together too! In fact, as teams work remotely, virtual team building activities has become part of the game. These activities are designed to provide enjoyment and quickly build personal connections among team members. Socializing and playing online games can help break the drudgery and boredom that creeps up when working from home and create a more relaxed environment.
Wherever team members are located, collaboration would be impossible without proper communication tools. Video conferencing tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Cisco WebEx among others enable an improved experience for team members and other stakeholders. Efficient collaboration tools boost real-time communication and productivity, and ensure that team members stay on the same page. Business transcription agencies support remote work by making recorded video conferences accessible through transcripts, allowing teams to get back to what was discussed in the meetings and retrieve valuable information.