Sales transformation involves aligning every sales channel with strategies that ensure business growth. Business organizations need to bring about the required changes in their sales behavior, sales focus and sales skill to drive growth. You have to clearly understand the changes that must be made and also ensure that the changes made are retained. For any constructive change, creative ideas are essential and for this teamwork and regular meetings of the team are vital. Typically, meetings are conducted in an organization to address issues that affect the company’s operation and to make productive decisions that would boost the growth of the company. The decisions made during the meetings are important for future references and so transcription of business meeting recordings is essential. With the help of digital transcription services, companies can ensure timely and efficient transcription.
A business may want to introduce a new product or service, and in this regard the change expected is gaining knowledge to promote and sell the new product/service. Sometimes, companies shifting over from individual products to integrated solutions comprising diverse offerings and services will have to bring changes to solve a wider set of customer problems.
Sales transformation is essential to all industries and agencies, such as publishing and media, marketing technology and advertising technology, software, social media, health care and insurance. Here are some tips for efficient sales transformation, as discussed in a forbes.com article.
- Outsource or in-house: Deciding whether to outsource or in-house sales transformation depends on the resources and which option is more feasible. However, outsourcing will be a better choice because an in-house team can be expensive and it may be difficult to find people experienced in building sales.
- Experience is important: Hiring a sales director helps companies navigate the process of building an internal sales team but if the sales director is inexperienced then you may lose your money in the learning curve whereas outsourcing to a professional third party can improve your sales growth.
- Training: A long-term training solution ensures that the sales people learn quickly. Implement an enterprise learning platform that is customized for your business. This will help you scale and grow your sales teams.
- Software: You need to leverage software for developing and scaling a successful sales operation. Business need two types of tools – CRM (customer relationship management) software and sales engagement platform for prospecting, setting meetings and tracking activity that improves sales.
- Optimizing sales process: The following are some tips to optimize the sales process:
- Collect information about potential prospects and other social information, emails, phone numbers etc.
- Reach out to potential clients and find out if they are interested in taking meetings to talk about products or services.
- Put a proposal together and pitch the client a solution that will solve their problems. Pitching is important, and use this time to ask more questions if you want to adjust the final contract.
- Find out if the prospect is a right fit for you or not. Find out if they have problems that your product or service can solve. If yes, set up a pitch and if no, don’t waste their time or yours.
- The point of selling is to get paid and only then it becomes a sale. Maintain a separate collection team, pitch team and customer success team. Have your pitch team and customer success team introduce your collections team during the first on-boarding meeting. This is important because then the new client would know to expect to be billed and called by the collections team. You can also double-check that you have the right contact information for the billing team.
- Proper monitoring ensures that things are going well and the team is solving customers’ problems. This provides customer satisfaction and makes it easier to upsell or cross sell new products and services. It is more inexpensive for your company to upsell clients and grow organically than it is to bring in net new clients.
All the above tips help in sales transformation. Having an efficient business team is essential to achieve something new and innovative. It requires constant meetings and discussions to bring an innovative product or service into the market. With the help of transcription outsourcing companies, all important decisions taken in the meeting can be transcribed into accurate notes which can be used for further reference.