Video has become an integral element in marketing for various industries and the insurance sector is no exception. Supported by digital transcription service providers, businesses are now using video more than ever before to get their marketing message across. With face-to-face interactions waning, insurance brokers have a lot to gain by using video to reach new customers and gain credibility with prospects.
Why Video for Insurance Marketing?
A Deloitte 2015 survey suggested that “the life insurance ‘winners’ of tomorrow will likely be those organizations that blend an advice-driven approach with a digitally enhanced engagement strategy to help meet evolving consumer expectations”. Today, video plays a crucial role in this digitally enhanced engagement strategy.
In Wyzowl’s State of Video Marketing survey conducted in December 2020, up to 92% of marketers said that video was an important part of their marketing strategy. The survey also found that the amount of video watched online has increased significantly with the pandemic. Marketers also felt upbeat about the positive ROI offered by video as it has a tremendous impact on traffic, leads, sales, and audience understanding.
How Insurance Agents can use Videos in Marketing
Video is an efficient, cost-effective, and easy-to-implement marketing tool for insurance agents. Here are the different ways videos can be leveraged for insurance marketing:
- Welcome Video: Creating a warm and positive onboarding video can establish a positive relationship with new customers right from the start. Starting coverage is usually confusing for many people. A personalized welcome video is a great option to help them overcome this challenge. You can provide them with information on policy features and set the stage for a positive relationship.
- Client Testimonials: Customer testimonials are one of powerful marketing and sales tools an insurance agent can leverage. Great testimonials tell people that your business is not only legitimate but that it actually works, says SEO guru Neil Patel. In a customer testimonial video, a real person talks about your product/service, shares his views and describes his experience. As the endorsement comes from a person who has actually used your product, it can boost conversion and persuade viewers to take action. Understand your clients’ pain points and have them talk about how your service helped them solve it.
- FAQs: Customers will certainly appreciate videos on answers to frequently asked questions about insurance coverage. Confusion about insurance terms and coverage is common and this can lead to problems. For instance, a survey from Policy genius found that more than one in four people in the U.S. (27.2%) avoided care or treatment because they were unsure of their health insurance benefits. FAQ videos are a great way to provide answers to different types of insurance – health, auto, travel, property, and so on.
- Explainer Video: Short, easy-to-follow explainer videos make it easier for insurance agents to describe their services. Along with animation, a well-crafted explainer video can define even the most complex information. You can make the claims process simple and effective with a video that explains the steps involved in the process.
- Year-In-Review Video: Businesses create year-in-review videos to highlight their work over the past year. Amura recommends making an engaging year-in-review and publishing it on your social media channels. Your review will get more engagement than it you were to present it via pages of data.
- Non-Insurance Videos: Your clients will be happy to see you as a family person with whom they can connect easily. Post videos unrelated to insurance on social media. They could be videos of you engaged in your favorite activities, whether its playing tennis, trekking, fishing, or any other hobby. This could even get your customers to share their interests with you and build better and lasting connections.
- Claims Processing Description: There are many different types of insurance claims such as burglary and theft. fire, slips and falls customers, customer injury and property damage, wind and hail damage, product liability, damage to reputation, and more. It’s important that people are familiar with the different types of insurance claims and the process of filing claims. This will save them time and money when it comes to filing a claim for a loss covered by their policy. Create a video explaining the claims experience – offer reassurance and say that provide the support they need for filing a claim.
Videos are an ideal way to attract customers, but to be visible online they need to be transcribed. Video transcription service providers can provide you with quality transcripts and captions for your video content. Integrating transcripts and captions with your insurance marketing videos will also allow you to reach a wider audience that includes the hearing impaired.