In today’s fast paced business world, it can be a challenge to stay focused and work on improving your productivity. When it comes to those endless meetings, phone calls and conferences, business transcription services are a practical option to document vital information for reference and sharing. However, many other distractions can kill your productivity at work. The good news is that there are a range of tools and strategies to help you make the most of your workday.
Five Top Strategies to Boost Productivity at Work
- Set up an efficient cloud-based platform: Over the last two years, many businesses migrated to the cloud to manage their resources, operations and remote workforce. A cloud-based system offers many benefits for businesses with a modern and remote workforce. It gives remote workers access to the information they need to perform their jobs, improves their ability to collaborate, and saves time and money for the company while improving productivity. The benefits of cloud computing include cost savings, greater flexibility, and optimal resource utilization, efficient ways of working, all of which increase competitiveness. The cloud also supports evolving machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities.
- Utilize apps: Using a collaboration application is great way to enhance employee engagement and manage and share tasks, projects, and updates. Metrigy’s “Workplace Collaboration: 2021-22” research study found that nearly 68% of companies had either adopted team collaboration apps or would do so by the end of 2021. For instance, Google Docs allows real-time collaboration and enables remote team members to work on a document simultaneously. Besides the ability to create and edit documents, this app allows you to insert images and videos from your phone.
Likewise, you can also use an app for time management. Productivity is closely linked to proper time management. A time management app can help you keep track of employee attendance, reduce absenteeism, drive timely completion of tasks, and lead to better utilization of resources. Time management software can be combined with CRM and project management software, and documentation.
- Automate operations: Removing manual, repetitive processes will make business operations more efficient. When employees spend less time on tedious paperwork, they can focus on their core tasks and improve productivity. Booking software can automate customer appointment scheduling and website chatbots can answer basic customer questions, reducing time that employees spend on these tasks. Automation can also support hiring, vetting, selection, and onboarding processes, and when a large proportion of tasks across your business are automated, reduce the costs of training new employees.
- Be accountable: Being accountable to someone helps us accomplish the things we need to do in our jobs. Here are some tips from behavior scientist, Kristen Berman of Irrational Labs to boost productivity with accountability (as listed by www.betteryou.ai):
- Require participants to keep their camera on for your Zoom meetings
- Clearly communicate and coordinate start and end times for the workday
- Use meetings to touch base and report on progress. Publicly report on important projects, initiatives, and goals
- Set more deadlines and decision points, which will motivate teams to complete their work within the specified time
- To save time, group meetings back-to-back rather than spreading them across the day.
- Avoid the tendency to multitask: There is a general misconception that multitasking can help you save time and increase productivity. The truth is that you tend to make more mistakes when you multitask. When you go back and forth between various tasks, your brain can get confused and you will tend to slow down and make more mistakes. An New York Times article references neuroscience expert Earl K. Miller as saying “Multitasking is not humanly possible.” Focusing on completing on one task at a time, even if it for a few minutes, can improve productivity.
Save Time and Effort with Digital Transcription Services
According to a survey by Reclaim, professionals now spend more than half of their 40-hour workweek in meetings, with an average meeting usually lasting 30 minutes to 1 hour. While new video conferencing platforms have made meetings less stressful and more cost-effective, they need to be transcribed so that you can review the content, share it, and preserve it for future reference. Doing the transcription on your own can be tedious. Relying on professional digital transcription services will allow you to focus on participating in meetings, save time and improve productivity.