Video marketing is a popular strategy for all businesses looking to enhance their online presence and reach. With more and more people searching online to find a lawyer and legal services, law firms are also leveraging video marketing to target prospects looking online for legal answers. Along with quality written content and images, video supported by media transcription services can help lawyers build a high-performance legal website and gain a competitive advantage.
According to Wyzowl Research’s latest State of Video Marketing survey report:
- The amount of online videos people watch has almost doubled since 2018.
- As it strongly influences traffic, leads, sales, and audience understanding, marketers strongly believe video can boost return on investment.
- Consumers continue to use video as an integral part of their journey with brands and look forward to seeing more videos.
Video is the most re-shared form of content on LinkedIn. Creating videos can help law firms create a dynamic online presence and reach prospects. So, it’s not surprising that the Thomson Reuters 2021 State of Small Law Firm Report found that, among other things, most law firms plan to increase their spending on video marketing and social media marketing to generate more new business and attract prospective clients. Media transcription plays an important role in this process.
Before going into the benefits of transcription, let’s see how your law firm can benefit from utilizing videos:
- Create an impactful presence: Even a short video clip can create a lasting impression on the viewer’s mind.
- Reach out to potential clients: Informative videos for different categories of cases can prove useful to reach and educate potential clients from various industries.
- Build your brand: Posting polished educational, instructional, and marketing videos can serve as an authentic representation of your brand.
- Prepare and update presentations for client training: Video is an effective way to explain legal issues in terms everyone will understand with appropriate, current examples.
- Answer questions: Video can help you respond quickly to client questions
- Boosts SEO: A reliable video transcription service provider can help you leverage your video content to improve SEO and rankings on leading search engines.
Let’s now take a look at how transcription services support lawyers in video marketing.
- Makes your content searchable: Search engines will rank and surface video content for relevant queries if there is data describing the video. Providing transcripts consistent with the actual video content including the right keywords will help search engines understand what the video is about and index it into their systems. This will significantly increase the chances of someone finding your site in a keyword search. Make sure to also use unique thumbnails, titles, and descriptions for each video on your site. You can add the transcript of your video for the description and include a link to the original transcript if the entire transcript does not fit within the description box.
- Enhances your marketing campaign: Creating videos based on the issues that your potential clients are facing and including transcripts with appropriate keywords, will improve your online marketing campaign and increase your chances of being found online. For example, when someone searches “ personal injury attorneys near me,” transcripts are optimized with the right set of keywords that will lead them to your website. The greater the number of views and interactions your videos get, the higher they will rank for the targeted keywords.
- Expands your audience: Transcribing your videos makes the content accessible to blind, deaf, and hard of hearing people. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 16% of adults in the U.S.report hearing disabilities. The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) reports that approximately 48 million Americans have some degree of hearing loss. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that when posting videos, an equivalent alternative be provided for people with disabilities. Transcribing your videos makes your content accessible to this audience. Video transcription helps people with disabilities:
- Grasp the message
- Learn and retain the information
- Refer back to it when needed
Descriptive transcripts provide video content to people who are both deaf and blind, making your content more visible and more popular. Interactive transcripts allow users to select text in the transcript and go to that point in the video.
- Allows media content to be effectively shared: Short, informative videos explaining a legal concept or the latest judgment or a pertinent legal issue are a great option. Transcripts will help your audience understand the information better. Videos with transcripts allow viewers and bloggers to comment on the content, quote from it, and share the information on social media. This will further expand your audience.
- Helps repurpose content: Companies providing transcription service online can provide accurate transcripts of your videos. This text content can be quickly and easily repurposed into other forms of content such as blogs, articles, reports, white papers, etc. Expanding the type of content posted online will increase your visibility and help grow your audience.
So go ahead and make video and media transcription a part of your digital marketing efforts. However, make sure that your law firm is using the right platforms to share your messages with the right people. Consider using a mix of popular video platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram. Use different types of videos such as video introductions of yourself, your law firm, and your team on your website, live video Q & A, interviews with a thought leader, interactive videos, explainer videos, influencer videos, and so on.