Interview podcasts have become a great publicity tool and, along with podcast interview transcription, one of the most effective ways to market a business. According to a Forbes article published in July, four in ten people are tuning into podcasts regularly. Podcast interview marketing involves being interviewed as an expert guest in your niche on podcasts that your potential audience listens to. It offers you the opportunity to tell your story and connect with your listeners in a personal way. In fact, podcast interviews are a great way to drive traffic to your website.
Being a guest on a podcast is one of the most effective ways to get widespread exposure. Today, SaaS companies, startups, authors, speakers, coaches, and even charities leverage podcast interview marketing to grow traffic, leads, and sales. The main benefits of doing podcast interviews are as follows:
- As a podcast guest expert, you are interviewed one-to-one by your host who is an authority in the target market. So you get real-time endorsement from an influencer in your niche.
- The interview gives you the chance to present your background and expertise with a highly engaged audience.
- You get the opportunity to convey your unique message to a big audience, one you wanted to connect with but could not reach before.
- In the interview, you can tell your audience about the type of problems you can solve and how they can contact you. This translates into calls to action.
- Talking about relevant topics on podcasts on a regular basis will slowly help you build your status as an authority.
- Being on a podcast as a guest also allows you to understand your customers better through their questions, tell them what you have to offer, and how you can solve their problems.
Reports say that in today’s busy world, podcast interviews are preferred over blog posts and even videos because people can simply listen while working, driving or doing other tasks.
Here are some tips to help you succeed with podcast interview marketing and drive traffic to your website:
- Identify the ideal shows: A www.business2community.com article recommends identifying 50 podcasts in your niche. You find the podcasts that are most relevant to your business by doing some keyword research. For maximum exposure, focus on popular podcasts.
- Create a relevant pitch: Research the host and the topics that will be covered in the podcasts, and create a unique pitch. There are different types of pitches, such as area of expertise, problem solving, and a strong counter opinion about a common viewpoint in the niche market. The key is to focus on what you can give your audience. Once your pitch is ready, ask to be interviewed.
- Contact the host: Find the hosts’ contact information from their website and reach out with your pitch. To get noticed, focus on demonstrating value and building rapport with your host. Things to highlight in your podcast outreach email include how their audience will benefit by listening to your story and what new information you can share with them.
- Prepare well: Do your homework before the interview. Research your topic and listen to the host’s podcasts to understand how they work and the guests featured on them. The show’s format is also important, that is, see if it’s interview-based or simply an informal discussion. If your host gives you interview questions in advance, prepare the answers. As podcast interviews are usually short, identify your key ideas and use the available time to present them well. Speak naturally as the podcast format is conversational. Both your host and listeners will appreciate clear and focused interviews.
- Ensure good audio: Whether the interview is being conducted in a studio or from home, ensure that all the technicalities are in place, especially audio. Bad audio cannot be fixed even with good editing. If you are being interviewed over Skype, Google Voice, or Google Hangouts, make sure you have a strong internet connection. If you’re using a smartphone phone, make sure your location has full coverage and has no background noise.
- Foww-up: When the recording is complete, thank your host, pointing out how much you enjoyed it. When the interview goes live, do things to boost your traffic, like sharing it on all your social media channels and adding it to your website.
A video podcast will allow you to connect with your audience on a deeper feel through visual communication. Video and audio transcription services are available to turn podcast interviews into transcripts. Transcription will make specific episodes of your show more easily visible on search engines and to the hearing impaired. Podcasts can also be repurposed. Transcripts can be turned into blogs with charts and photos, which will also promote search engine optimization.