Modern lawyers can choose from a wide range of technology products and services to enhance their practice. Innovative tools and options are available to help law firms manage everything from trial presentation, case management and budgeting to filing systems and document management, accounting, security. Outsourcing to professional legal transcription companies would ensure the use of advanced technology to manage dictation and transcription tasks.
Among the latest innovations to hit the scene are cloud based platforms that provide lawyers with everything they need to run their firm – from anywhere, any time. These systems combine automated legal forms and documents, great productivity tools, and state-of-the-art time, billing and legal accounting systems in a single cloud solution. This single database for all of the firm’s operations enables attorneys to automate the practice for unmatched efficiency, lower costs, and higher quality output. The powerful features of these cloud based systems include:
- Material management
- Time keeping
- Workflow management
- Unlimited document storage and versioning
- Seamless email integration
- Fully integrated billing and accounting
- Powerful task features
- Mobile app for various operating systems
- Secure client portal
A new sophisticated and secure online portal, Opus 2 Magnum Realtime allows legal professionals to access their live hearings and trials. With an Internet connected device, the legal team can log into their centralized workspace from anywhere and gain access to documents, court proceedings and deposition transcription, web research, and other items for a case.
- Both lawyers and clients can access to live transcript and the documents during the hearing from a courtroom, office or any other location
- Realtime transcript text, live annotations and live chat messages are provided alongside relevant documents, statements, research and more available in the workspace
- Notes and tags can be annotated and added to live testimony or linked live to other transcripts and documents
- Team members can chat, and share notes and links
- All of the day’s sessions and content can be accessed later from any location
- The platform offers instant replay of any moment in the courtroom with synchronization of audio and transcripts
- Users can locate any word or phrase using keyword searches across all content from the live session
Lawyers need to have a lot of fundamental skills to succeed in the courtroom. However, new generation skill development and utilization of the latest technology can go a long way when it comes to managing evidence efficiently to stay on top of the game.