Writing an academic essay involves putting ideas into a coherent format to support an argument. Academic transcription services help students and researchers to convert audio or video recordings of interviews into text for use in essay writing and research papers.
Most academic institutions make writing an important part of their curriculum. Essay writing is considered as a measure to evaluate a person’s writing skills, thinking capacity and way of expressing thoughts. When it comes to essay writing, students often face problems in organizing their ideas and thoughts.
Essay writing can also be difficult if you do not have a clear picture about what you are going to write. Students often find it difficult to come up with information that they need for the essay. So they have a tendency to plagiarize and resort to copying from different sources to get things done quickly. This usually happens because students do not understand the concept of plagiarism and why it is wrong to plagiarize.
If you have taken something from another person’s work, make sure to give credit to the writer. Here are 8 tips to prevent plagiarism:
- Talk to your teacher: It is always good to discuss things with your teacher before you begin your essay. This will save time and help you get a clear idea about what is expected in the essay. It is also important to ask your teacher if you need to include an in-text citation as well as a reference page.
- Don’t forget to paraphrase: If you wish to use someone else’s work, it is important to give due credit to them. When you are using a sentence from another person’s work, paraphrase it, but make sure the original meaning is not lost when you reword the phrase. You can reframe the sentence in your own words to make it your own work.
- Use quotes if possible: Remember to quote the statements if you are quoting someone word for word. It is quick and easy to quote and also makes sense when you are writing. Using quotes avoids plagiarism.
- Add your own style: If you get any information from any source, don’t use all of it. You should try and add some of your value to it to by including your own thoughts and insights. This will improve your clarity of writing because you can add your insight to an essay only after you have done thorough research and understood the subject properly.
- Mention the sources correctly: It is important to mention the sources from which you obtained your information. Before you begin your essay, make sure that you are clear about what you need – this will help you to mention the source correctly.
- Add a reference page: Adding a reference page to your essay will help avoid plagiarism. When you begin your research for the essay, start adding references simultaneously to your reference page. Don’t keep the reference page for the end because there’s a high chance of missing out something.
- Use a checker: It’s good practice is to use a plagiarism checker once you have completed your article. There are many online plagiarism checkers that can help you to check plagiarism.
- Make sure to proofread your essay: Proofreading is an important way to avoid plagiarism. It is important to proofread your work. It does not take much to look over your essay and double check that you have written down all sources used correctly.
Students often make use of transcription outsourcing services to convert recordings into error-free readable format. With the support of an experienced academic transcription service provider, students can focus on writing valuable, informative essays.