Podcasts are becoming increasingly popular as a convenient and easily accessible medium that allows people to have a deeper knowledge about a range of topics chosen for discussion. Podcasts provide audio content to listeners and also allow them to multitask – like listening to a podcast while driving or working out in the gym. According to a Brandastic article, in 2020 over 155 million people listen to a podcast every week. Audio content is convenient and easy to absorb for many individuals. However, podcasts are not appealing to everybody. So, for wider accessibility these podcasts can be transcribed into accurate transcripts with the help of a podcast transcription service. A podcast transcript is a textual version of the podcast episode that makes it easy for people to find valuable content for productive purposes. It helps business owners and marketers to familiarize their voice among the audience, and build robust relationships with customers.
Following are some of the reasons why podcasts should be transcribed:
- For marketing and for search engine access: Podcasts have become one of the hottest marketing tools over the past few years, which can be used to educate and spread information to a wide range of audience. Once the podcast is transcribed into valuable content with relevant keywords it becomes easily searchable by search engines. Accurate transcription of podcasts allows search engines to crawl through the transcript and improve its online visibility.
- Some prefer reading: Podcast transcripts can be used by people who prefer to read rather than listen.
- Seek the attention of foreign audiences: Non-English speakers may find it difficult to understand the podcast due to the speed of the verbal delivery. Transcription of podcast is useful for such audiences and with the help of the transcript, they will be able to follow what is being said.
- Wider access to everyone: The main advantage of podcast transcription is that it assures access to everyone, like hearing-impaired people or people with Auditory Processing Disorder (APD). People who have difficulty hearing can imbibe the podcast content by reading the transcript and people with APD can use the transcripts and listen to the podcast so that it is easier for them to process the podcast content.
- Repurpose your content: The text content of a podcast can be archived and used for future references. Another advantage of podcast transcription is that the transcribed content can be used for developing another article or blog, for email marketing campaign, infographics or social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Finding, quoting and sharing valuable content: Transcribing podcasts into valuable content helps in sharing valuable information to a larger audience. Bloggers can use quotes from a podcast transcript which can increase exposure for the podcast. This improves the chances that others will link back to the material and help drive traffic to the site.
Transcribing Your Podcast
- Automated Transcription: In automated transcription the audio file is converted into written format with the help of voice recognition software. The AI tool listens to the audio and transcribes the contents. It ensures 80% to 95% accuracy, depending on the outliers of background noises and how clearly the voices are speaking.
- Manual Transcription: This is a process of transcribing the audio file with the help of a transcriptionist. Professional transcriptionists are trained experts who can convert spoken words into text format easily. There are reliable transcription services that offer accuracy rate of 99%. They also have various levels of quality checks to provide the best results. The common turnaround time for these projects is also less.
Why Choose Manual Transcription Over Automated Transcription
Automated transcription technology, also known as voice recognition software, has been around for some years now but it often fails to perform professional transcription of excellent quality and accuracy. This is mainly because automation software is not capable of understanding slurred speech and words with heavy accents and even cannot differentiate between speakers. All of this can lead to poor quality transcripts. Moreover, voice recognition is entirely based on algorithms that are designed to understand clearly spoken English by sound patterns.
Manual transcription on other hand, is performed by human transcriptionists who can differentiate between speakers, identify different dialects and speech patterns, and even address the challenge posed by background noise. These professional transcriptionists are knowledgeable in terminologies specific to each type of business, and therefore the chances of any mistakes are low. So, if you want accurate podcast transcripts you can approach a reliable transcription company. These services ensure accurate and time-stamped transcripts at affordable prices.