Fully-searchable transcripts of detailed witness statements, depositions, investigations and pleadings, police reports, interrogations, and telephone recordings are important for lawyers handling personal injury, medical malpractice, worker’s compensation and other cases. Along with the use of audio transcription services provided by professional firms, legal firms are also relying on software programs and artificial intelligence (AI) to get accurate transcripts of audio and video recordings.
According to Future Market Insights, the global market for legal transcription is expected to grow at an impressive CAGR of 6% during 2019-2029. The report has highlighted that the adoption of legal transcription software is expected to increase to a new extent in the coming years. AI enables transcription software to achieve the fastest turnaround with the highest accuracy. Attorneys need to streamline their transcription workflow. With reliable automated transcription software, audio recordings of any legal proceeding can be transcribed accurately and fully searchable transcripts can be created.
- TrintCompared to the lengthy manual transcription process, this speech-to-text productivity platform uses A.I. to convert speech to text in seconds. Automated speech recognition (ASR) and natural language processing (NLP) is used to decipher the sounds that make up human speech. Those sounds were matched to the corresponding word in its dictionary and those words will be displayed in the Trint Editor. Final transcripts are made searchable, editable and shareable. This software provides live transcripts in 15 languages and users can share them easily across organization.
- OTranscribe https://otranscribe.com/OTranscribe is a free web app that helps transcribe recorded interviews. This open-source tool can be used straight out of the web browser. Its user interface allows users to control the audio player and text editor in the same window. You can pause, rewind and fast-forward without taking your hands off the keyboard. This tool also provides interactive timestamps to navigate through the transcript. Both audio and video file support with integrated player and progress will be saved automatically to your browser’s storage each second.
- the FTW TranscriberAlong with supporting a range of audio and video file types, this downloadable tool with high-quality audio playback features automatic timestamps as well. The premium version of the tool provides access to all the premium features and makes the session ad-free and minimizable. Users can also enjoy free support and regular upgrades with exciting new time-saving features. The software allows converting audio or video types to other formats automatically. It saves different formatting settings for different clients and is compatible with all word processors. You can start timestamps from any timecode, not just 00:00:00. However, this Windows only tool’s free version is limited.
- Express ScribeThis professional audio player software for PC or Mac is ideal to transcribe audio recordings. This software feature supports audio and video playback at variable speed (constant pitch) and ‘hotkeys’ can be used for mouse-free playback when transcribing directly into Word or other software. Users can improve their workflow by automatically receiving and loading files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network and automatically having the finished transcripts sent to clients from the program. Diverse file formats can be loaded via CD players, LAN or local hard drives. It also supports handheld recorders to transfer audio easily. Beginners can take support of the USB pedal to control playback using foot, leaving hands free to type. With an easy-to-learn interface, this tool has both a free version and a paid version.
- InqscribeThis Unicode-compliant software with a simple interface allow users to insert timecodes anywhere in the transcript and choose a timecode to jump to that point in the video. Frequently used text can be quickly inserted with a single keystroke using custom snippets. Users can also create snippets and insert any frequently-used expressions into the transcript with a simple keystroke. It features mouse-free media controls, where a USB foot pedal controls media playback while you transcribe. You can also save a subtitled QuickTime movie using timecodes as text markers.
The legal sector relies heavily on digital transcription service for managing and processing sensitive information. AI-based transcription services can speed the workflow in legal firms.