Accurate documentation is highly crucial when it comes to documentation for any venture and that’s why businesses prefer to outsource the task to experienced professionals. A reliable transcription company would utilize innovative strategies to handle the task so as to meet client demands in quick turnaround time. Transcribing dictation quickly and efficiently would improve the transcriptionist’s productivity. Here are some tips to ensure quick and efficient conversion of audio files into accurate documents:
- It is better to work in a quiet atmosphere regardless of whether a headphone is used or not. Outside noises or distractions can affect concentration and slow down the pace of work. If external noises affect the clarity of the recording it may have to be replayed, which is a waste of time.
- Develop excellent typing speed – practice makes perfect. Try to proofread the document even as you are transcribing it. This will save a lot of time in the editing phase and the entire process can be completed within a shorter time.
- Working with macros is a great option to improve speed as certain keystrokes can be used to enter a commonly entered sentence or phrase. Repeated typing of long sentences could be avoided, improving turnaround time.
- Make sure that recording has been made using a high quality digital recorder. Invest in foot pedals, quality headphones, playback software and a computer with good speed, all of which will improve transcription quality and speed.
- When working for a specific project repeatedly, it would be good to create consistent templates in advance. Whether for legal transcription or interview transcription, this will save a lot of time as you would not have to begin from scratch to create each document.
- Use correct grammar and spelling. Activate the grammar and spell check options. This will save time on correcting such errors. If you are transcribing a seminar, make sure you have the correct spellings of the names of the speakers and participants.
More importantly, transcribing professionals need to be well-informed on the terminology and jargon related to the particular field. Use the right references to validate the work. Understand client requirements well before starting out so as to ensure a customized solution in the desired turnaround time.