Podcast transcription can help grow your business. The popularity of podcasting has grown rapidly in recent years. The results of a recent Edison Research survey showed that 33% of the respondents had listened to a podcast, a 10% increase from 23% five years ago. The study also found that 64% of listeners to a podcast have bought a product advertised on it.
Most podcasts are saved as MP3 files. Accurate transcription of your podcasts can help your business in the following ways:
- Get greater visibility on search engines: Optimize your podcast with the right keywords and the transcript will enhance your visibility in online search as people will be able to find it easily.
- Reach to a wider audience: Many people prefer reading content online, while this is the only option for those with hearing impairments.
- Gets podcasts shared more easily: Providing links to transcripts of podcasts make them easier to share, which will get more people to view your audio file.
Here are some tips to enhance the visibility of your podcast transcripts:
- Choose a title with relevant and popular keywords.
- Optimize your podcast with the right keywords.
- Encourage viewers who link directly to the audio file to also link to your podcast transcript or blog.
- Include all speakersâ€™ names in the transcript.
- Indicate nuances and expressions to convey the meaning or tone of a sentence.
- True verbatim or transcribing everything someone says exactly as recorded may be important in the case of legal depositions.
- In business transcription, idiomatic noise words like you know, well, and so are generally edited out.
- Make the transcript more usable and search engine friendly by adding headings and links such as added links in short podcast transcripts and added headings in long presentation transcripts.
Relying on a professional transcription company is the best way to get your podcasts converted into accurate text files to promote your online visibility.