Prime importance should be given to confidentiality and security when it comes to legal transcription. Legal files contain sensitive information which needs to be kept highly confidential. A reliable legal transcription service provider keeps an eagle eye on ensuring the confidentiality and security of the data entrusted to them by their legal clients.Â Disclosure of such confidential information can have serious consequences for both the client and the transcription company.
A reliable legal transcription company ensures the security of client information with the following measures;
- Use of secure modes of file transfer with 128 or 256-bit encryption technology or secure FTP servers
- Have password protected computers and lockers
- Have transcriptionists and other staff sign strict confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements so as to prevent data theft
- Conduct strict background checks before recruiting staff
- Restrict data access to authorized staff
- Maintain a regular backup of data to ensure data is not lost
- Have security measures to safeguard the premises
- Ensure that all staff are specially trained on security
By maintaining and providing security and confidentiality in legal transcription, the service provider can ensure secure solutions and protects itself and its clients from legal hassles.