The need for lecture transcription is growing as lectures are the most popular teaching method in higher education. Researchers and students may find that scribbling notes during a lecture is unpractical as they could miss recording important parts of the discussion. Lectures may also involve Q&A sessions with more than one person speaking. The solution lies in getting your academic lectures professionally transcribed by a reliable transcription company. Quality lecture transcripts can contribute immensely to your academic success.
One of the most important things necessary for quality lecture transcription is a high quality recording.Â Excessive background noises, poor sound quality, and a high degree of interaction between the speaker and listeners are factors that affect transcript quality. Transcription companies accept files in various digital audio and video formats as well as in analog format. However, a digital recording on a branded digital recorder is ideal as it can offer superior acoustic performance. Good recording lessens transcription costs and turnaround times.
There are many advantages of assigning your lecture transcription task to a professional transcription company.
- Accurate verbatim or non-verbatim transcripts
- Transcripts which include time stamps for easy accessibility and organization
- Transcription by subject specialists, for instance, legal transcriptionists for law school lectures
- Elimination of inaccuracies and repetitions
- Documents with captions and subtitles
- Transcripts from audio or video files
- Stringent proof checks to ensure accuracy
- Delivery in custom turnaround time
Converting audio and video files into written form is a labor intensive and time consuming job. Established transcription companies can handle the task with ease and provide you with professional, error-free transcripts. Some companies offer free trials and special lecture transcription rates for the academic community, so donâ€™t forget to look out for such concessions when you choose a service provider.