The recent theft of a laptop from a locked office at Temple Community Hospital in Los Angeles has given healthcare service providers and other businesses handling patient data a lot to think about. The laptop contained scans of about 600 patients and their names, the reason for the scans and the patientsâ€™ hospital account numbers. While it seems that the thief was more interested in the computer than in acquiring patient information, the fact is that any chink in the armor of security could have far-reaching consequences, often ending up in serious legal issues.
People need to be sure that all their sensitive data is safe. So do businesses. This is especially important when it comes to an outsourced service like transcription. Businesses, both big and small, rely on transcription companies for efficient and timely documentation solutions. They put their precious data in the hands of these companies in the belief that it will stay safe and confidential.
A reliable legal transcription company like MOS places top priority on security and confidentiality. Well aware of the regulations that govern the legal industry, MOS takes every conceivable measure to safeguard sensitive client data. These include
- Secure file transfer with both FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and browser-based functionalities
- 256 bit AES encryption
- No home-based transcription, so no client information falls into unauthorized hands
- Password protected computers and storage lockers
- Firewalls and antivirus software updated on regularly
- Hard copies of legal notes and information are shredded onsite
- Complete monthly backups stored under lock and key on the premises
- Periodic evaluations of technical security system
- Workforce trained and monitored on the importance of privacy, security, and confidentiality
Whatever the nature of your business and transcription requirements, you can avoid security breaches and enjoy peace of mind by outsourcing to MOS.